1) You (or your band) must be a current member of the Indie Music Channel.
2) All songs and/or videos being submitted for award consideration must be loaded
into each artist's (or band's) Indie Music Channel music and/or video player.
3) All songs being submitted must be placed at the top of the Artist's IMC music player so that the judges can find each of your songs easily.
4) Out of respect to the judges, please be sure to position your music player
in the center of your IMC page. For info on how to reposition your music player, click here.
- All songs being submitted must have received airplay on a terrestrial radio station,
internet radio station or satellite radio station.
- Songs that have been submitted for any previous Indie Music Channel Awards are eligible to be submitted for any of
the Radio Music Awards categories, even if the song(s) reached a "Nominated" or "Winner" status,
as long as the submission was not nominated or won a 2015 Radio Music Award last year.
- Only original music, or music of which the artist has legal right to submit for award consideration, is eligible for submission. No cover songs, unless they are in the Public Domain,
or unless the artist has signed licensing/legal rights to that song.
- There is no need for artists to encourage their fans to vote for their submission.
Whether you have a million fans, or just one, the judging process for the
Radio Music Awards is done by a panel of professionals who are in the radio industry
(i.e., Program Directors, Station Managers, Radio Station DJs, Music Directors, etc.) in the genres of their expertise. Thus, all submissions are given equal consideration regardless of fan input.
The Top 5 from each category will advance on to "Nominee" status.
Names of winners will be listed online on the Indie Music Channel and Radio Music Awards websites.
There is no additional submission fee for "Nominees" to advance on to the final round of judging.
All winners will receive an awards trophy with their name prominently engraved.
Award trophies can be mailed to winners upon request, or can be picked up from the Indie Music Channel office (winners are responsible for engraving, postage & handling charges for trophies that need to be mailed).
All submission fees are non-changeable and non-refundable.
To submit your music, click on any of your awards genres below!
Radio airplay has traditionally been elusive for the independent artist and has historically only been achieved by artists signed to record deals with major labels. For an independent artist to receive radio airplay is a major accomplishment, a feat that truly deserves recognition!
The categories above serve as opportunities for independent artists to be awarded for their achievements. Submissions in the above genres are judged by radio industry professionals (i.e., Program Directors, Station Managers, Radio Station DJs, Music Directors, etc.). Thus, the results by these judges serve as an example to their radio industry peers that you, an independent artist, has music that is worthy of radio airplay!
The success of being nominated, or even winning, a Radio Music Award in your respective genre can greatly increase the possibility for you to receive even more radio airplay for your music!
As an artist, this may be one of the most
important awards you ever enter!
The 2nd Annual Radio Music Awards is a compilation of 17 individual awards genres
specifically designed to recognize independent artists and bands from around the world who have achieved the outstanding accomplishment of receiving terrestrial and/or internet radio airplay for their music, in spite of not being signed to a major record label.
If you are an artist or band whose music has received airplay on
terrestrial or internet radio stations, then you deserve to be recognized for your outstanding achievement!
Submit your music now! Entries close November 5!
"Early Bird" submissions: $25 per submission
Now thru October 1
Late submissions: $35 per submission
October 2 to November 5
Nominees to be announced November 12
Winners to be announced November 19